Welcome to Kwenda Safari
Kwenda Safari has been taking visitors on safaris to Southern Africa and
is advising clients on 4x4 self drive safaris since 1998. The company is driven by passion and interest for the wild areas of Africa and sharing these unique areas with visitors to the Southern African region.
Our most popular safari option is still the 4x4 self drive safari in our well equipped and very capable Land Rover Defender Safari campers. The self drive safari is reasonable in cost, allows flexibility and is one of the most interesting ways to see 'Africa'. The Land Rover Defender 4x4 vehicles we offer are all fully equipped campers allowing one to live out of the vehicle comfortably for extended periods.
Why travelling in a 4x4 vehicle?
If you are serious about your African Safari and game viewing and want
to experience the best spots of Southern Africa then a 4x4 vehicle is
Many of the most scenic areas, finest game reserves and more pristine coastal areas are only accessible by gravel roads or 4x4 tracks. This makes a 4x4 vehicle the ideal mode of transport when exploring the Southern African region.
4x4 vehicles offer rugged reliability and unlimited access to allmost every area.
Additional ride height - a 4x4 vehicle is far better for game viewing
and many sightings will be missed when travelling in a standard car.
Why choosing the Land Rover Defender 4x4 option?
- The Land Rover Defender is specifically built for over-lander and off road purposes.
- It is exactly what you want when travelling in the remote areas of Africa - basic, practical and reliable, yet comfortable and
of extraordinary capability.
- All important components like chassis, suspension, engine and drive train are
- Excellent off road ability: A number of features make the Land Rover Defender the best off road vehicle, these include -
- Excellent suspension travel and overall off road suspension
- A very low ratio 4wd transmission
- Centre diff lock system
- Very high ground clearance and approach and departure angles
Practicality: the Land Rover
Defender is built for day-to-day hard usage; while to some the square
shape may look outdated, it offers excellent load space and good accessibility.
Accessories: A large number of accessories
unique to the Land Rover are available due to the shape and practical
nature of the vehicle. Fitted long range fuel tanks, rugged roof racks,
fender protection plates, a front protection bar and a drawer design load system
with storage boxes are just a few being fitted by Kwenda Safari to all
its Land Rover 4x4 vehicles.
Besides, the Land Rover Defender, always being associated to Africa, is
definitely the best looking actor on all your pictures when back home
and showing your slides to friends and family.
For more details and rates on our Land Rovers please visit the Land Rover rental page.
Kwenda Safari Self Drive Safaris - service included
- Airport transfers
- Route planning and guidance
- Thorough introduction to vehicle and equipment
- Travel Pack including maps, guides, books and documentation
- Camp and lodge bookings
- 24 hour Roadside assistance
- Shopping service prior to arrival can also be arranged